Alvin Arnett Obituary
Click your web browser's BACK button to return to previous page
Fairmount News Sun:
Fri., April 2, 1909:
Alvin Arnett, well known in Fairmount, was found dead in bed at his home in Jonesboro Monday morning. The deceased was in Fairmount Saturday selling copies of the Saturday Evening Post. He was about twenty-two years of age.
A big "Thank You!" goes out to Julie Ward for doing all the research, the trips to the library, and sharing
so generously with the rest of us for these news clips.
STEPHEN ARNETT (ELWOOD3, JESSE2 ARNETT*, VALENTINE1) was born August 15, 1852 in New Garden Twp, Wayne Co, IN, and died December 24, 1896 in Jonesboro, Grant, IN. He married RUTH ANN RICH May 08, 1874 in Fairmount, Grant, IN. She was born August 05, 1852 in Fairmount, Grand Co, IN, and died January 13, 1928 in Grant, IN.
Children of STEPHEN ARNETT and RUTH RICH are:
- SARAH ARNETT, b. April 10, 1875, Fairmount, Grant Co, IN; d. April 10, 1875.
- ANNA DELPHIA ARNETT, b. April 10, 1875, Fairmount, Grant Co, IN; d. December 25, 1951.
- CHARLES ELWOOD ARNETT, b. June 21, 1880, Fairmount, Grant Co, IN; d. May 08, 1917.
- BEDA MAY ARNETT, b. March 07, 1883, Cora, Smith Co, KS; d. September 15, 1916.
- ALVIN ARNETT, b. October 16, 1886, Cora, Smith Co, KS; d. March 28, 1909.
Copyright © 2000
Website designed by Arnett Services
This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated in any way without consent.
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited.